Creating a 30 second video to explain a concept.
Teachers have very little time free outside of their allotted preparation time. Therefore planning and creating learning resources needs to be simple and speedy.
Adobe Spark Video ( https://spark.adobe.com/sp/) is the perfect tool for making quick reusable videos that explain key concepts. Don't forget, make it once and you can use these resources again and again.
How do I make a 30 second video?
1. Decide on the key concept you want the students to learn, keep it simple.
2. Make an outline of the key points to help your audience understand what the video is for. In my example I use Spark Post to do this) This also acts as a make do script.
3. Open Spark Video
4. Record the key points, one per slide. Keep these super short.
5. Go back and add images, icons, text or video to reinforce the key points.
6. Add a little background audio to enhance the experience and help the narrative flow a little.
7. Publish and share the video with your loving students!
Can you show me how?
Here's my video demonstrating how to make a 30 second video: https://vimeo.com/264988788
And what does the final video look like?
It looks like this: https://vimeo.com/264866141
To find out more about Adobe for Schools in the UK, visit the Adobe for Teachers website.