How to become an online Content Creator without getting lost in the process
As an educator, there are plenty of situations where you want or need to create graphics for your classes or your social media accounts. Adobe Spark mobile App is all you need to teach the next generation how to become an online content Creator without getting lost in the process. This lesson plan focuses on how to achieve the perfect balance between text and animation to communicate a message effectively.
I suggest you explore other related subjects because our students also need to understand why Brand use Social media content to increase awareness, before starting to create. E.g. when it is better to use a static post and why in another situation, they should create an animation.
Video continues to dominate the media landscape. Social media posts with video have 48% more views than plain text or images ( HubSpot) and social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined ( G2 Crowd). But you don’t need a study to tell you that videos are just plain eye-catching and fun too!
App and software
- Adobe Spark Page and Post (web and iOs app)
- Adobe Capture app
- Creative Cloud Files and Adobe Fonts
- Lightroom mobile app
According to the age of your students, you should add a reflective writing assignment.
- What is the message you’re trying to convey?
- How the use of Gif and/or animation helps you to express the idea?
- Why is it important to collaborate?
- What are the challenges you have faced in developing your project?
- Plan the story behind the post/visual campaign (message, mood, format, scope, call to action)
- Organize the workflow (headline, images, global colours, gif)
- Visual presentation (composition, hierarchy, contrast, colour theory, animation, sound)
- Learn how to use Adobe Spark to create animated content
- Collaborate remotely with another student
During the demo, you create a remixed version of the provided example Post. This shows and demonstrates how easy it is to use the App and how to use a ready-made template.
The project is to create an Instagram campaign for a sports brand of your choice (e.g. Nike or Adidas). You should collaborate remotely with another student from another school.
The rationale behind this project is one of the most challenging tasks: being a creative and up-to-date social media creator means to collaborate remotely and to create at the speed of light. We must educate our students to spend more time in the message and less on the tools.
App: Spark Post (adv) and Page (journal or reflective assignment)
- Create a post from scratch
- Understand layout composition and post size
- Text and image animation (note: available only in the iOs app)
- Experimentation: explore more options
- Create at least 3 posts (same Brand and tone, different headline arrangement)
- Explore Adobe fonts and colour theme with Adobe Capture app
- Collaborate: use the collaborative option in Spark Page to show and explain your creative process. Create your posts in a group.
- Export, Share and Archive
Ideate and create an Instagram campaign for a sports brand of your choice (e.g. Nike or Adidas).