Cartoon Wars - Using Shape Layers In After Effects
Here is a project that I created which will utilize the following topics in After Effects:
- Animation with shape layers and keyframes
- Title Animation
- Parenting & Null objects
- Additional Possibilities
- Sound Design will really take this project to the next level.
- Could be used as an introduction to 2.5D or 3D text and lights
- Could be used in conjunction with Illustrator to create the character
Here are the general guidelines:
- Create a cartoon character using only shape layers.
- Parent the shapes to labeled null objects to create character animation.
- Create a facts sheet about your cartoon character. Animate this text in.
- Create a text layer for the title “Cartoon Wars” and animate this in.
- Final comp should be between 10 and 30 seconds long.
- Any backgrounds or textures used should be your own or Royalty Free (ask instructor how to Google search for them if you forgot).