Animate CC: Animation basics two ways
This is a beginner tutorial to introduce you to the two basic techniques of animation using Animate CC: tweening and frame-by-frame.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both techniques, so this tutorial will help the beginning animator to understand the concepts and consider the benefits of each approach.
In each part of the tutorial you will be using a bouncing ball template to draw and place a bouncing ball within the stage area. By the end of the tutorial you will know and understand the following:
- How to set the frame rate (FPS) for animations;
- How to import images from the clipboard;
- Symbols - how to create them and how to manipulate size/position;
- Keyframes, Frames and Tweens;
- The basics of key animation principles in action: squash and stretch, timing, spacing.
- How to lock/unlock and hide/unhide layers in the Timeline.
The tutorial is presented in the form of a Word document with documentation, screenshots and embedded final files to compare to your own work.