Tech Savvy Senior Selfie
This lesson I built for my digital art class in preparation for our school's senior anniversary gallery show. The concept was for students to envision what they'll look like as senior citizens who are tech savvy. Students had to analyze their grandparents and great-grandparents facial characteristics and predict how they will age based on their own heritage. Then, using Photoshop, they build up a portrait of themselves and mimic the old fashioned bubble glass photos from the late 19th early 20th century images. The special exception was the type of reflection in the glass showing a futuristic room or landscape. They also included future gadgets that would address certain aging dilemmas such as hearing loss and sight. This is an advanced digital art class that has had experience in using a Wacom tablet and brush tools in Photoshop already.
Overview & Purpose
Create a futuristic portrait of yourself in 2058 in an old fashioned style of bubble glass portraits using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- 13”x19” 300 ppi JPG when completed
- Futuristic portrait of self elderly based on Photoshop aging from family references.
- Futuristic fashion based on a hobby, sport, or career choice.
- Accessory detail hinting of favorite companion in the future (human or animal).
- Two futuristic devices that aids you in either sight, hearing, eating, or communicating.
- Plain background.
- Oval frame embossed and beveled with decorative details of what planet or location you’re living.
- Warped portrait with reflection in “glass” of your outside environment (may be a photo from online of futuristic location or actual location with modification rights).
- Wallpaper background behind framed portrait in two tone and one color that contains symbols of your birthday (flower, stone, zodiac, etc.), technology elements (motherboard, pixels, coding, etc.), and cultural symbol of family tradition (crest, flag, letterform, food, etc.)
- Print on large format printer on silver chrome paper. Mount and flush trim on foamboard.