How to use Font awesome in Photoshop cc, Illustrator, Indesign or other graphic software
Lots of peoples and my students asked me, is there any option that we don’t need to use images for icons in Adobe Photoshop or It will take lots of time to create icons for their design. So, I come up with a solution J and Its FONT AWESOME.
What is Font Awesome?
Font awesome gives you 600+ scalable vector icons. You can use them in web designing. These icons can instantly customize through CSS (Cascading style sheet). You can change their size, color, rotation, shadows and anything. These days’ font awesome become very popular to add icons in websites.
In this photoshop tutorial we are going to learn how we can use font awesome icons in any graphic design software. After this tutorial, you will be able to use any type of font icons in your design like Bootstrap Glyphicons, Fontello etc. Let’s Begin.
#1 Download and Install Font awesome
#2 Install Font awesome
- Once you download, Open Font Awesome folder. In this folder, you will find Css, font, less, scss folder. You need open fonts folder.
- Just double click on FontAwesome.otf (Open type font file) or right click then click on open.
- Then click on Install Button.
#3 Choose Font awesome
- After Installation you need to open font awesome cheat sheet click Here to open.
- Select any icon you want to use and copy it (Ctrl+C or Cmd + C). I am using heart icon (fa-heart-o)
#3 Use Font awesome in Photoshop cc
- Now Open Photoshop.
- Create a new document (Ctrl+N)
- Select type tool and paste you copied icon (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V). It will look something like image given below.
- Go to control panel and change font to Font Awesome.
- Hopefully the article of How to use Font awesome in Adobe Photoshop cc, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and other Graphic Software? useful for you.