Branding Design with Swatch Watch Theme - includes lesson plan, rubric, and examples
This link will bring you to a class website so you can download the task lesson and student starter file. The students love this project because they can create to a theme that you can select for them or leave the theme open for them to choose, but either way they have a lot of fun.
- Create in Photoshop three watch designs and a promotional ad piece with supplied theme.
- Use consistent design elements and imagery to unify the design of the watches and a promotional piece.
- Use selection tools to create and manipulate basic shapes, producing custom objects.
- Import bitmap images into Photoshop documents and incorporate them in a design using clipping masks.
- Use type tools to create interesting typography that is appropriate for the design theme.
- Lay out a promotional poster incorporating various typographical techniques.