Developing an Electronic Portfolio for use as a Resume
A good resume opens the door to a job-interview. The ePortfolio represents an alternative to traditional digital or print formats – one by which we can show off our qualifications and abilities in the best possible light and improve our chances at landing a dream job.
By the end of this Professional Development Session, participants will have acquired relevant skills and techniques and have developed a visually appealing, informative resume by combining various documents in a single ePortfolio PDF-File
Software: Adobe Acrobat Pro
Time: 240 min (4 hour session)
This workshop is aimed at educators involved in teaching methods of writing up and / or creating professional resumes.
- Learners will be able to select the option to open the ePortfolio workspace
- Learners will be familiar with the ePortfolio interface
- Learners will work with components of the Tools-Panel to build a Portfolio
- Learners will be aware of and consider design and content issues in relation to professional
- background when developing a portfolio
- Learners will be able to specify document properties and save the file.
- By the end of the session, participants will have put together a portfolio containing all documents
- relevant to a traditional résumé plus showcased project work in the form of presentations, video and/ or links to websites.
Resource file is in the ePortfolio format and contains:
- Learning Path Plan (PDF)
- Guide to Creating an ePortfolio (PDF)
- Short Video on what other documents that can be included in a portfolio
- open embedded PDF-files by double-clicking
- extract files by clicking on the downward pointing arrow in the top right corner of the preview file