Magazine Cover Project - Acrobat DC and InDesign
In PL (Professional Learning) sessions, teacher will learn to use Acrobat DC to convert/create a form for students to use to gather information for a magazine cover to be created in InDesign. Teachers will also create a rubric for the assessment of the assignment. Presenting a rubric to the students prior to the start of a project allows the students to see what is important in the project and how to plan their work time accordingly. Teachers will also learn how to guide their students in using InDesign to create a magazine cover for the project. At the end of the sessions, teachers will walk away with lessons that can be used in their classes.
This project can be used across all curriculums, for example:
- 6th Grade SS: Magazine Cover to reflect geographic and cultural information of a country.
- 8th Grade SS: Magazine Cover to reflect the era during the creation of the Constitution.
- 7th Grade Science: Magazine Cover to reflect the study of the body systems
- 8th Grade Science: Magazine Cover to reflect Matter and Energy
- All Level Math: Magazine Cover to reflect the importance of measurement
- All Level ELA: Magazine Cover to reflect a novel or character from a novel.
An example for Social Studies will be given for this Adobe project.
Next PL will be a continuation to add a magazine page for an article covered on the cover page.
Note: Using Acrobat DC will allow the PDF to be changed into a form. I do not have access to the full program on my home computer. Nor do I have access to InDesign on my personal computer. I cannot get the free trial version to download.