To help students remember the Particle Model. I ask them to produce a poster that has minimal words and an image that depicts an aspect of the particle model. Students choose from one of the following statements.
The Particle Model
1. All matter is made up of particles
2. All particles in a pure substance are identical (no two different pure substances have the same particles)
3. All particles have space between them
4. All particles are always moving – more energy (heat) produces more movement
5. All particles are attracted to one another
I have used this activity for other subject areas such as Biology an example I have used is “variation within a species”. After they produce, their image they need to present their image to the class and students can ask questions about the image and how it relates to the Particle Model statement. The images are printed and displayed around the room.