Create Custom Brushes and Patterns in Photoshop
Using various methods, draw, illustrator, photography, photoshop, create 3 icons from which you will create a pattern and create 3 icons from which you will create a pattern.
TO CREATE A BRUSH: Create a brush, design that is black and white only. Go to Edit menu at the top of the screen and choose Define Brush Preset from the list of options. Click Define Brush.
TO CREATE A PATTERN: Create a small design, (can include low opacity and color). Make sure you think about the edges, create something that will look good as a pattern and will seem to have no border/ or seams. Select Edit > Define Pattern.
- Create 3 icons from which you will create a brush
- Create 3 icons from which you will create a pattern
- Turn each of your 3 icons into a brush in photoshop
- Turn each of your 3 icons into a pattern in photoshop
- Create a new photoshop document where you will display each of the above.
- Resolution 300
- RGB Mode
- Use text to show which is a pattern, which is a brush, see below example
- Turn in document in jpg format and save as yourname.jpg