NC Tourism Ad Design - Visual Design
This assessment requires students to create a newspaper ad design to promote NC Tourism.
- create a logo design using Illustrator
- ability to manipulate images in Photoshop
- create a page layout in InDesign
- Utilize a variety of tools in each software application to complete this project.
Adobe Photoshop objectives
PS 2.4, PS 3.3, PS 4.4, PS 5.1
Adobe InDesign objectives
ID 1.1, ID 2.1, ID 2.2, ID 2.3, ID 3.5, ID 4.4, ID 5.1
Adobe Illustrator objectives
AI 2.3, AI 3.4, AI 4.2, AI 4.6, AI 5.1
Elements of Assessment:
1. Design and incorporate a logo for NC Tourism (student may create a related name.)
2. Why should people vacation in NC (wine, beach, mountains, history, antiques, sporting events, music, festivals, boating, lifestyle, nature, cities, etc)
- Ads will be Black and White
- final ad size is either 9in wide x 6 in tall (horizontal format) OR 5.5in wide x 10 in tall (Vertical format)
- ad must include a small amount of text/contact info
- Creative headline for your concept
- imagery may be a photograph (your own or a downloaded image of good quality) or hand-drawn image in illustrator
- a logo for NC tourism, You must design your own logo for this project.