Exploring Creativity in Today’s Classroom
Learn why creativity is so important in driving student success and how you can promote creativity among students in your classroom. You’ll consider various perspectives on the definition of creativity, see first-hand examples from leading experts and learn many potential ways to incorporate creativity into your own teaching. You’ll also explore examples of creative classrooms and design your own vision of a creative environment using Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom.
What is creativity, and why is it vital for success in school and beyond?
- Explore and define creativity in the classroom.
- Discover activities and attitudes that cultivate a creative culture in your classroom.
- Incorporate research-based practices that encourage creativity in your lessons.
- Discover the relationships between higher-order thinking skills, confidence and creativity as well as their effects on student achievement.
- Design your personal creativity principles and create your vision of a creative classroom using Photoshop or Lightroom.
No prior experience with Photoshop or Lightroom is assumed.
This workshop is part of a six-workshop series entitled “Creativity in Today’s Classroom.”
The workshops in the series are as follows:
- Exploring Creativity in Today’s Classroom
- Designing Creativity in the Primary Grades Curriculum
- Designing Creativity in the Middle Grades Curriculum
- Designing Creativity in the Upper Grades Curriculum
- Designing Creativity in the Higher Education Curriculum
- Assessing Creativity in Today’s Classroom
- Managing the Creative Classroom
- Harnessing Mobile Learning for Creativity