Assessing Creativity in Today’s Classroom
Creativity, like any other skill, can be nurtured through carefully crafted environments that place value on creativity as a learning goal. In this workshop, you’ll learn how effective assessment strategies promote student creativity and encourage creative confidence in your teaching practice. You’ll explore the question, “How can you assess creativity?” and discover standards used by educators that promote best practices in teaching and assessing creativity.
You’ll also complete a step-by-step project and learn how Adobe Acrobat DC can support creativity assessment with annotation features and comment tools. At the completion of this workshop, you’ll leave with your own personal creativity assessment tool that you can use immediately in your teaching practice.
Over the course of this workshop, you’ll:
- Define personal standards for assessing creativity.
- Learn objective and subjective strategies for assessing creative processes and outcomes in student work.
- Learn how to effectively use feedback that supports student creativity.
- Use Acrobat DC to practice formative assessment of your criteria standards.
No prior experience with Acrobat DC is required.
This is part of a series of workshops entitled, “Creativity in Today’s Classroom.”
Other workshops in the series include:
- Exploring Creativity in Today’s Classroom
- Designing Creativity in the Primary Grades Curriculum
- Designing Creativity in the Middle Grades Curriculum
- Designing Creativity in the Upper Grades Curriculum
- Designing Creativity in the Higher Education Curriculum
- Managing the Creative Classroom
- Harnessing Mobile Learning for Creativity