Adobe Generation Professional: Web Design
This course is now closed. Find out when this course will be offered again and enroll in other courses on the Collaborative Courses page.
This course is part of a series of six Adobe Generation Professional courses designed to help educators become creators, not just consumers, of digital media. Throughout the series, you’ll learn new tools and techniques, explore best practices for teaching and learning, and unleash your creativity to help drive student outcomes. Drop in for one or engage in many, but we guarantee this series will help you and your students take your digital skills and creativity to the next level.
Want to learn how to create your first website — or make your existing websites even more amazing? Are your students constantly asking you to teach them how to create their own websites? Whatever the case may be, this intensive two-week online Adobe Muse boot camp is for you.
This professional learning course will help you develop your understanding of web design, including web design theory and processes you can use in your classroom. You’ll learn how to use Adobe Muse CC to create different kinds of websites, including a site responsive so that it fits on screens of different widths such as smartphones, tablets, and desktops. Adobe Muse CC focuses on the design process, hiding away the code that creates the web page, which makes it the best introduction students can have to building web pages and sites. The websites and content you create in this course will serve as models for you to use in your classroom.
In this boot camp, you’ll:
- Discuss what makes for “good” web design.
- Understand the key vocabulary and core skills required to create effective websites.
- Explore a set of tools for web design, including grid layouts, wireframes, and media managers.
- Explore best practices for teaching web design in the classroom.
- Create a responsive website for your classroom that works on screens of different sizes, such as mobile, tablet, and desktop screens.
- Interact with experts from the world of web design as well as fellow educators from around the globe.
This is an introductory course. You should have a basic working knowledge of computers and you should know your way around the Internet.
We’ll be using Adobe Muse CC to create our sites, though it might also be useful for you to have Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop so you can create your own graphics for your projects. It will be helpful to have these on your computer prior to starting. If you’re downloading the free trial, wait until the course starts before downloading so the 30-day trial period doesn’t run out too soon.
The course blends asynchronous learning and live online classes over an intensive two-week period.
Note: This special Adobe Muse Bootcamp Web Design course will be different from other courses you may have taken on the Adobe Education Exchange in the past. Please review the course structure information below to ensure you understand how to participate in this course.
What to Expect
The course kicks off Friday, October 10. All content will be pre-loaded for the entire course on the Adobe Education Exchange on that date. You may work at your own pace through the asynchronous content on the Exchange at any time during the two weeks. We provide suggested pacing to keep you on track during this intensive time period.
For the first week, you’ll be attending a live class session (or viewing a recording) and creating a different site or element for your site each day. For the second week, you’ll be creating a final project that you’ll submit for review by the instructors. We’ve also built in time for you to catch up if you need to miss any days during the course period. All work must be submitted no later than midnight UTC on Sunday, November 2 if you’d like to graduate and earn course credit.
Live class sessions will be hosted in two time zones:
- Option A: 7:00 pm Australian Eastern Time (GMT+10 hours)
- Option B: 7:00 pm Central Time (GMT-5 hours)
You may choose to attend either live session, or you may view a recording. All live classes are hosted via Adobe Connect and feature live instruction as well as industry guest speakers.Important Dates
- Friday, October 10: Course opens on the Adobe Education Exchange. Review pre-course readings and plan your participation.
- Monday, October 13: Class 1
- Tuesday, October 14: Class 2
- Wednesday, October 15: Class 3
- Thursday, October 16: Class 4
- Friday, October 17: Class 5
- Saturday, October 18 through Wednesday, October 22: Work on your final project. Catch up on any work missed. Post final assignment.
- Thursday, October 23: Class 6
- Friday, October 24to Sunday, November 2: Catch-up days
- Sunday, November 2: Last day to submit work to the Education Exchange if you want to graduate from the course.
A note for educators in NSW, Australia:
The registered Adobe Generation professional – Web Design Course is now registered with BOSTES (Board of Studies and Teacher Educational Standards) in New South Wales. It is registered for 10 hours at the standards mentioned below.
This course is registered by Design Learn Empower with BOSTES NSW for at Proficient Teacher level for the following standards: 2.1.2, 2.3.2, 3.4.2 and 6.3.2.
Design Learn Empower is a BOSTES NSW endorsed provider of Institute Registered professional development for the maintenance of accreditation for Standard 2 and 3 and standard descriptors 6.3.2 of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher.