This course is part of a series of six Adobe Generation Professional courses designed to help educators become creators, not just consumers, of digital media. Throughout the series, you’ll learn new tools and techniques, explore best practices for teaching and learning, and unleash your creativity to help drive student outcomes. Drop in for one or engage in many, but we guarantee this series will help you and your students take your digital skills and creativity to the next level.
This six-week course empowers educators to create and manipulate digital images in an intensive, hands-on collaborative experience. Learn how different kinds of digital images are made using the latest Adobe tools, and explore best practices for integrating digital media into your classroom.
All the content you produce can be used to model good practice within your own school or college. Each week of the course will introduce you to a new theme and an industry expert from the world of digital design. As a result, you’ll become more confident with cutting-edge digital tools, more effective as a teacher, and more of an inspiration to your students.
By completing in this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create digital images using Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom.
- Develop a critical language and deep understanding of how digital images are made.
- Explore best practices for teaching and learning with digital media.
- Integrate creativity and digital media into a curriculum plan for the classroom.
This is an introductory level course. No prior experience with Photoshop is assumed.
- Course begins: February 27
- Enrollment closes: April 12
- First Live Class: March 3
- Course ends: April 7 (final class)
- Last day to submit work: April 19
Live class sessions will be hosted on Tuesdays. We offer two choices of time zones:
- Option A (for course members in Southern Hemisphere time zones): 7:00 p.m. Australian Eastern Time (GMT+10 hours)
- Option B (for course members in Northern Hemisphere time zones): 7:00 p.m. Central Time (GMT-5 hours)
You may choose to attend either live session, or you may view a recording. All live classes are hosted via Adobe Connect and feature live instruction as well as industry guest speakers.
- Friday, February 27: Course opens on the Adobe Education Exchange. Review pre-course readings and plan your participation.
- Tuesday, March 3: Class 1
- Tuesday, March 10: Class 2
- Tuesday, March 17: Class 3
- Tuesday, March 24: Class 4
- Tuesday, March 31: Class 5
- Wednesday, April 1, through Monday, April 6: Work on your final project. Catch up on any work missed. Post final assignment.
- Tuesday, April 7: Class 6
- Wednesday, April 8, to Saturday, April 18: Catch-up and finish-off days
- Sunday, April 19: Last day to submit work to the Education Exchange if you want to graduate from the course.
Successful completion of this course will require approximately 25 hours of your time. After successfully completing this course, you’ll receive a digital credential stating that you successfully completed 25 hours of professional development. You may share this with others to demonstrate your achievement.