Digital Me: Digital Portfolios, Assessment & Employability
Your students are preparing to enter a job market that is fundamentally different from any the world has seen before. New technologies require new communication skills and a more creative approach to problem solving. And as an educator, you’re responsible for preparing students for this ever-changing world of work.
No pressure, right?
This five-week course will provide you with an introduction to digital communication. We’ll build beautiful portfolios, create content to develop and enhance personal brands and ensure teachers have the required skills to help their students become employable. We’ll discuss developing a digital presence and explore how best to asses online portfolios. We’ll cover creating a killer CV, producing a pitch video, crafting the perfect presentation and the do’s and dont’s of self promotion through social media.
What to Expect
The course kicks off on Monday, March 20 and ends on Friday, May 5th. You may work at your own pace through the asynchronous content on the Exchange at any time during the course.
Live Class 1 takes place at the following date and time: Tuesday March 21.We anticipate that successful completion of this course will require at minimum 25 hours of your time. After successfully completing this course, you will receive a digital credential that states that you successfully completed 25 hours of professional development. You may share this with others to demonstrate your achievement. The creation of content is a creative process so the amount of time you spend will vary.
Enhance your teaching & learning!
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, if you do want to brush up on your skills or learn more about the Adobe products in this course, check out these short, self-paced workshops:
- Ps: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/-photoshop/
- Id: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/indesigncc/
- Xd: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/design-thinking/
- Spark Page: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/spark-page/
- Spark Post: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/spark-post/
- Spark Video: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/spark-video/
Interested in connecting your professional development further, enroll in upcoming courses
- Digital Video. https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/DV17 Starting on Monday May 1 and ending on Friday June 16.
"These courses are terrific. I enjoy learning from a variety of instructors and the guests are awesome. It is great to share real-life experiences with my students.” AGP Participant 2016