Adobe Youth Voices: Create Change
This course is now closed. Find out when this course will be offered again and enroll in other courses on the Collaborative Courses page.
The Adobe Youth Voices: Create Change online course is designed to prepare educators to lead youth media making for creative skill development and social change.
The Adobe Youth Voices (AYV) curriculum and training ignites young people’s Creative Confidence – the ability to harness creative skills to solve problems – through the power of storytelling with digital media.
AYV is the Adobe Foundation’s signature global initiative to increase creativity in education. To date, AYV programs are active in over 55 countries, impacting 190,000 youth worldwide.
For the first time, this online course will make available to the general public all of the key elements of this successful program. Now, any educator can integrate the core principles of this successful program and become an Adobe Youth Voices Educator.This online course will expose you to the key elements of our successful Adobe Youth Voices model. You will build on your knowledge and stretch your skills with media making. You will explore media formats and styles, learn how best to support students in the production process, plan exhibitions, and hone the technical skills necessary to use Adobe media making software. Throughout the course, you will reflect on the practice of youth media and how best to facilitate and encourage the creative process, and impactful media making with your students. It is expected that by the end of this course you will be able to guide young people to truly Create with Purpose, a philosophy that challenges young people to be intentional in the media they create having an impact and affecting change, in their lives their communities and the world around them.
By completing in this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a successful model of instructional practice for working with youth and media.
- Discuss the value and methodologies of youth media making for social change.
- Select and use various media formats in which youth work can be created.
- List steps and strategies to facilitating effective youth inquiry and reflection.
- Forge community connections and strategies for building and engaging audiences.
- Use Adobe apps to make media with youth
- Basic word processing, Internet and e-mailing skills
- Reliable access to a computer and Internet (see Technical Requirements section)
- Availability to commit at least four hours per week to course activities
- Working knowledge of English (the course is written and facilitated in English)
How the course works
- New content is uploaded each Sunday. Work through the content at your own pace, and submit your weekly assignment. Provide feedback to your peers.
- We estimate you will need to spend approximately 4 hours per week to complete each session.
- Weeks 1, 5 and 8 will include live Adobe Connect sessions you are required to attend. If you cannot join live, you may watch a recording.
- Course begins: September 21
- Enrollment closes: October 25
- Course ends: November 15
- Last day to submit work: November 30
Successful completion of this course will require approximately 32 hours of your time. After successfully completing this course, you will be a credentialed Adobe Youth Voices Educator. You will receive a digital credential that states that you successfully completed 32 hours of professional development. You may share this with others to demonstrate your achievement.