Adobe Generation Professional: Animation
This course is now closed. Find out when this course will be offered again and enroll in other courses on the Collaborative Courses page.
This course is part of a series of six Adobe Generation Professional courses designed to help educators become creators, not just consumers, of digital media. Throughout the series, you’ll learn new tools and techniques, explore best practices for teaching and learning, and unleash your creativity to help drive student outcomes. Drop in for one or engage in many, but we guarantee this series will help you and your students take your digital skills and creativity to the next level.
This six-week course focuses on the deceptively simple art of animation. Educators create a number of different types of digital animations using the latest Adobe tools. Throughout the process, participants explore best practices for integrating digital media into your classroom.
All the content you produce can be used to model good practices within your own school or college. Each week of the course will introduce you to a new theme and an industry expert from the world of digital design. As a result, you’ll become more confident with cutting-edge digital tools, more effective as a teacher, and more of an inspiration to your students.
By completing in this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create animations using Adobe Photoshop, Edge Animate, Flash Professional, and After Effects.
- Develop technical skills as well as a critical language about the craft of animation.
- Explore best practices for teaching and learning with digital media.
- Integrate creativity and digital media into a curriculum plan for the classroom.
This is an intermediate-level course. Some familiarity with Photoshop is assumed. No prior experience with Edge Animate, Flash Professional, or After Effects is required.
- Course begins: May 1
- Enrollment closes: June 14
- First live class: May 5
- Course ends: May 30
- Last day to submit work: June 21
Live Classes and Important Dates
- Friday, May 1: Course opens on the Adobe Education Exchange. Review pre-course readings and plan your participation.
- Tuesday, May 5: Live Class 1
- Thursday, May 7: Live Class 2
- Monday, May 11: Live Class 3
- Wednesday, May 13: Live Class 4
- Friday, May 15: Live Class 5
- Tuesday, May 26: Live Class 6
- Saturday, May 30, to Saturday, June 20: Catch-up and finish-off days
- Sunday, June 21: Last day to submit work to the Education Exchange if you want to graduate from the course.
Successful completion of this course will require approximately 25 hours of your time. After successfully completing this course, you’ll receive a digital credential stating that you successfully completed 25 hours of professional development. You may share this with others to demonstrate your achievement.