Adobe Generation Professional: Digital Imaging for Beginners
This course is now closed. Find out when this course will be offered again and enroll in other courses on the Collaborative Courses page.
A six week online course for educators, designed to put you in a different class.
Whether you’re looking to sharpen your skills and learn new techniques to inspire a new generation of creative minds, or become part of the digital revolution yourself, this is the course for you.
By attending and graduating from this online professional learning course, you'll begin to develop your digital media skills and teaching techniques that set you apart from the crowd.
Discover how to use Adobe Photoshop, create stunning digital images and make the most of digital imaging.
- Develop knowledge of Photoshop
- Develop a critical language and ability to deliver digital design to young people
- Understand how digital images are made
- Know which tools to use to create learning content
- Know how to plan, design, and create
- Gain knowledge of best practice pedagogy and classroom craft
- Become confident digital learners
This course will introduce teachers and teaching assistants to the basics of digital imaging production. The course has an emphasis on how to teach and the classroom craft as well as the core principles of digital design. The course covers an introduction to Photoshop CC. Participants will need access to Photoshop (CS5 or above) to complete the course requirements.
All the content you produce will be based upon creating classroom resources to model good practice within your own school or college. Each week of the course will introduce you to a new theme and an industry expert from the world of digital design. As a result, you’ll become more confident with cutting-edge digital tools, more effective as a teacher and more of an inspiration to your students.
The course blends online learning and live online classes over a five week period. The live classes are all recorded and can be viewed at times to suit but we advise you to attend live in order to add your voice to the educational debate and really get the most from the learning community. Each week we will introduce a new creative industry expert, hear from outstanding teachers and learn about the key Adobe tools required to ensure digital literacy.
“The variety of possibilities to use Photoshop creatively by just making use of simple tools and techniques. All the presentations and classes have opened up a new world of challenges and have allowed me to see everyday objects, people and surroundings as new tools for expression through creative photography and image manipulation.”
- A past Digital Imaging course participant
- Course Opens, Pre-Work Begins: 7th November 2013
- Office Hours, meet the tutors on Adobe Connect: 11th November 2013
- First Live Course Meeting on Adobe Connect: 18th November 2013
- Last Day to Submit Work: 6th January 2013