Digital Literacy, Creativity & Communication
This course is now closed. Find out when this course will be offered again and enroll in other courses on the Collaborative Courses page.
Adobe’s suite of creative apps make it easier than ever to communicate digitally. Explore how you can leverage these technologies to teach concepts, assess learning, and prepare your students for success as digital communicators.
This free five week Digital Storytelling course is aimed at teachers wishing to start their journey in understanding and using digital tools to create captivating digital stories, presentations, and communication.
We will explore apps such as Adobe Spark, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Adobe Character Animator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Premiere. We’ll cover how to make educational video and create beautiful learning resources for print and screen.
What to ExpectThe course kicks off on Monday, January 9 and ends on Friday, February 24. The orientation section of the course is already open so go ahead and start getting set up. You may work at your own pace through the asynchronous content on the Exchange at any time during the course. Live online classes will take place on Tuesdays. The first live class will be on Tuesday January 10.
We anticipate that successful completion of this course will require a minimum 25 hours of your time. After successfully completing this course, you will receive a digital credential that states that you successfully completed 25 hours of professional development.
Enhance your teaching & learning!
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, if you do want to brush up on your skills or learn more about the Adobe products in this course, check out these short, self-paced workshops to enhance your teaching and learning:
- Ps: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/-photoshop/
- Id: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/indesigncc/
- Pr: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/premierepro/
- Spark Page: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/spark-page/
- Spark Post: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/spark-post/
- Spark Video: https://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/workshop/spark-video/
Interested in connecting your professional development further, enroll in upcoming courses:
- User Experience Design, UX to UI. Starting on Monday February 13 and ending on Friday March 31.https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/UX17
- Digital Me: Digital Portfolios, Assessment & Employability. Starting on Monday March 20 and ending on Friday May 5. https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/ePort/
- Digital Video. Starting on Monday May 1 and ending on Friday June 16.https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/DV17
“Complicated content explained competently so beginners can create immediately. Great learning community.” AGP Participant 2016