Smartphone Apps Design Marathon
The overall goal of the Smartphone Apps Design Marathonis to introduce mobile application development to high school ICT students to be able to Define, Design, Develop and Deploy mobile apps technologies currently dominating the new media market and the mobile industry.
This lesson plan is intended to familiarize students with the associated terminology, range of tools and engage in a process to generate creative insights for conceptualizing and designing mobile apps for a new idea.
- Understanding of mobile applications and their uses..
- Exploring Mobile apps and technologies dominating new media and mobile market.
- Learning to generate new idea for a mobile application.
- Learning to design navigation and user interfaces for mobile applications.
- Learning to code HTML5, Jquery Mobile and CSS using Brackets.
- Learning to create multi device 9-patch graphics with Photoshop.
- Understanding of node.js and phonegap for creating Native applications.
- Understanding development, sharing and monetization of mobile apps at app stores.
- Exploration and Evaluation of mobile technology field as future career.
- Evaluation and Reflection of each other's work in collaborative development.
The wider technology and design processes of future app development require multi disciplinary skills for collaborative achievements in app design. This training is so wide scaled to create unique experiences to students having different skill and learning abilities so that they can identify them in the process and sharpen during the course to play an important role in the outcome and champions to groom.