Learn why creativity is so important in driving student success and how to promote creativity among students in your classroom. You'll see examples first-hand from leading experts, explore creative tools, and collaborate with other educators to create a tangible plan for your practice.
- Course begins: March 2nd
- Week 1 available: March 2nd
- Week 2 available: March 9th
- Week 3 available: March 16th
- Week 4 available: March 23rd
- Week 5 available: March 30th
- Week 6 available: April 6th
- Course ends: April 28th (all work must be submitted by this date in order to graduate)
Planning Your Participation
This course is intended to blend a self-paced blended format with a collaborative virtual classroom approach. You are responsible for planning your own time each week, but here is a suggested breakdown for you that will allow you to complete all requirements and get the most of out of the course:
- Monday: Visit course homepage and review feedback on your homework assignment from last week. (30 minutes)
- Tuesday: Visit course homepage and review the steps for the new week. Begin any work required and participate in a few discussion threads that interest you. (30 minutes)
- Wednesday: Continue working through the online materials. (30 minutes)
- Thursday: Visit course homepage and begin your homework assignment. (30 minutes)
- Friday: Complete and submit your homework assignment. (30-60 minutes)
- Saturday or Sunday: Review feedback on your homework assignment and complete your peer reviews or comments. Prepare for the following week. (30-60 minutes)
We anticipate that successful completion of this course will require approximately 20 hours of your time. After successfully completing this course, you will receive a digital credential that states that you successfully completed 20 hours of professional development. You may share this with others to demonstrate your achievement.
Live Class Meetings
Beginning in Week 2, the instructors will offer several live discussion sessions during which you can discuss course content with your classmates. Before we schedule these live sessions, we want to hear from you! In Week 1, you will be asked to complete brief survey to tell us about your interest in and availability for live discussion sessions. We will choose times and dates that work for the majority of class participants.