Ludovic Mercier
School teacher

Flash (AS2) to Animate cc

Hello there !...

I've been working with Flash (AS2) since 5 years and manage to create hundreds of nice animations, tests...

But as you know, swf files will soon be unavailable on the net ?... So I started to convert them in thml5 canvas which for me appears to be a greater challenge than what I hoped... I'm just a teacher, not a programmer !!!... And javascript seems to be very hard as compared to actionscript...

So I started with the one-week free animate cc... and manage to create nothing !!!... (I'm french !... and so it took me nearly 5 days just to understand that I had to use javascript, easelJS...)

So I payed and took it for a month...

And this time I manage to make a nice drag and drop exercise... And it works fine !!!...

But there are still some functions I didn't manage to recreate :

=> fisrt, I want to limit the draggable area in a part of my stage (I looked at the constrain elements without any success so far...)

=> second, I want my draggables to go back to their initial positions if not in the drop target (to make a correct scoring function)

=> third, I want my draggables not being dragged anymore if they are in the correct dropzone

Hope I will find help here !...

Thanks in advance !...

Ludo le Dirlo...

Products
  • Animate

Design interactive vector animations for multiple platforms.

Ratings
4 / 5 • 1 Rating

Comments (2)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Donna Dolan

Posted on 2/23/17 2:44:10 PM Permalink

INteresting. I am wondering about moving my students from Flash CC to Animate. At this point, is it really worth the change. I want to know because I certify my students. Do I change them this year to Animate?​

Ludovic Mercier

Posted on 2/23/17 7:18:00 PM Permalink

​...

Hope you'll have a better understanding than I on Animate... Flash was so easy !!!...

This html5 technology is far from being as simple as the swf option !... to my point of view !!...