Brian O'Dell
Digital Media Instructor

LORD OF THE RINGS HELP!

I had an assignment I posted for everyone to use with the original film clips for the first Lord of the The Rings. I had a drop box link with all the files in it. My computer was wiped out and I lost all the files. Is there anyone out there that has the files would be willing to share them back with me so I have them? Then I will put them back in drop box for all to enjoy. HELP!!!

Thanks Brian O'Dell

Products
Ratings
5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (23)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Catherine Andrus

Posted on 10/10/19 2:09:39 PM Permalink

I have files from the previous teacher who left them. Was there a specific way to edit them together? and do we have the correct audio? everything is super quiet and even raising the audio still makes it hard to hear. I wanted to try and edit it together before I had the kids do it to make sure it is doable for them.​

Gary Leite

Posted on 10/10/19 2:18:07 PM Permalink

That's the fun of this project! You have to manipulate the audio, theres some audio you can sync to a different video

Brian Chalmers

Posted on 10/10/19 2:43:00 PM Permalink

Brian Chalmers

Posted on 5/6/19 2:22:09 PM Permalink | Reply | Flag for Abuse

this looks like an awesome project that I would love to use for an end of the year project - do you have the files? Unfortunately, the current link says Error 404 when I click on it.

My gmail is bchalmer@portjeffschools.org, if you can share the files I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Brian C

Brian Chalmers

Posted on 10/10/19 2:56:12 PM Permalink

Brian Chalmers

Posted on 5/6/19 2:22:09 PM Permalink | Reply | Flag for Abuse

this looks like an awesome project that I would love to use for an end of the year project - do you have the files? Unfortunately, the current link says Error 404 when I click on it.

My gmail is bchalmer@portjeffschools.org, if you can share the files I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Brian

Wesley Garnett

Posted on 10/10/19 3:28:28 PM Permalink

If anybody could upload the files to a service that won't get taken down such as mega.nz there's like 10 people here over the years who would greatly appreciate it! ​This seems like the only place on the internet where anybody has even heard of these and had links.

Dean Utian

Posted on 8/8/19 9:23:26 AM Permalink

​Sounds like a cool project. What exactly was the outcome?

Kali Covell

Posted on 8/3/19 5:51:34 PM Permalink

​Hey all! I would LOVE to do this project with my students, I have tried all of the links in the thread, but none of them work for me. Could someone share the files with me via google drive? That would be fantastic, thank you in advance! My gmail is matternk@hartfordschools.net

THANK YOU!! :)

WILLIAM BOEHM

Posted on 5/3/19 1:17:28 PM Permalink

​The current links are broke. Does anyone have a current dropbox link with the video files?

Thanks!

Paul Ralph

Posted on 3/5/19 10:57:05 AM Permalink

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone have a live link to this? Would love this as a resource!​

Brian Chalmers

Posted on 2/28/19 4:24:07 PM Permalink

this looks like an awesome project that I would love to use for an end of the year project - Does anyone have the files? Unfortunately, it says the link isn't found when I click on it.

Let me know

Brian

Dan Ross

Posted on 2/15/18 11:45:01 AM Permalink

​Got'em. Thanks!

Dan Ross

Posted on 2/8/18 1:34:01 AM Permalink

Thanks! Can't wait to try this!​

Gary Leite

Posted on 2/1/18 3:04:35 PM Permalink

Here is a link to the assets Brian!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee9re0dznzdvk21/LOTR%20Scene.zip?dl=0

Brian O'Dell

Posted on 3/21/18 3:43:18 PM Permalink

Oh man you are a savior. Thanks so much!​

Brian Chalmers

Posted on 5/6/19 2:22:09 PM Permalink

My gmail is bchalmer@portjeffschools.org, if you can share the files I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Brian

Wesley Garnett

Posted on 7/19/18 7:26:23 PM Permalink

The dropbox links seem to keep dying after a while, this one is dead. Any chance we can get another one? Hate asking but this would be really useful. Maybe google drive would work better.

ROB MCDONALD

Posted on 8/26/18 5:41:48 PM Permalink

I too can't seem to get the link to work. I'm really interested in this project. If you're able to repost the files, I'd be grateful.​

Gary Leite

Posted on 8/26/18 10:17:33 PM Permalink

Hi Rob, I've uploaded the original clips again to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axnhni27ljxx5rp/AAD31_...

Just a heads up, they will have to be transcoded into .mp4's as it looks like .wav files are no longer directly ingest-able to premiere. Took about an hour with Media Encoder. Any questions or problems let me know.

ROB MCDONALD

Posted on 8/26/18 11:27:05 PM Permalink

Thank you!​

Gary Leite

Posted on 2/1/18 1:56:13 AM Permalink

​Hi Brian, I have the files. I'll send them to you. My classes loved the project! Thanks so much for putting it out there originally.

Jarod Rogers

Posted on 1/16/18 7:58:57 PM Permalink

​Did anyone ever get back to you on this? I am going to be out of the classroom for a few weeks this spring and this would be a phenomenal project to have the students work on.

Thanks for all you do!

Brian O'Dell

Posted on 3/21/18 3:42:58 PM Permalink

I have to get the files out of dropbox. Thanks so much. I will be back in class tomorrow and can put it back up. Gary thank you sooo much!​

Gary Leite

Posted on 3/21/18 11:11:19 PM Permalink

No problem, I'm glad I could help. Thank you for putting this lesson on here! My students learn so much working on it​