Interested in a Gameful Learning Management System?
UPDATE: Try Gameful.me for 60 days. No credit card required.
This YouTube video will give you a taste of Game On, a WordPress plugin that enables teachers to deliver content utilizing game mechanics. Since I need to make more videos, I thought it might be helpful to address questions others might have.
Video Answers (search comments for answers in context)
Note: All videos include my typical stumbling, bumbling verbal maladroitness, leading to incomplete or misleading descriptions at times. Bear with me and we'll help each other arrive at the desired destination.
- Single Column Maps
- Parent and Child Maps
- The Rationale and Mechanics of Building a Daily Quest
- Addressing Users By Name and Embedding Videos
- Weekly Quests, Accountability, and Upcoming Features
- Bonus Stages, Passwords, and Experimentation
- Rambling Answers to Marcia's Questions
- Addressing Syrita's Observations and Questions
- Bonus Loot, Options, and Store Items
- Gold, Health, Death, Rewards, and Heart
- Getting Started with Quests and Quest Maps
- Getting Started with Badges, Achievements, or Whatever You Call Them
- Deleting Unwanted Maps, Achievements, and Quests
- Game On 4.3 Update: The Clipboard
- Store Items Explained in Typical Rumbling Bumbling Fashion
- Modifying Student Health
- The Store, Landing Page, Categories, and Sections
- Game Mechanic Musings... Changes for Next Year
- Game On: Limiting Access to Quests
- Game On: Limiting Access to Quests by Map or Map Section
- Gameful Strategies to Engage and Empower Students
- Why is Gold More Important Later in the Year?
- Leveling, Badges, and Locks
- Swapping Store Categories
- In Praise of the Reader Part I
- In Praise of the Reader Part II
- About Reboot Camp
- A Few New Ideas
- Hidden, Nested, and Optional Quests