Kelley Camp
Program Director/Instructor

Adobe Curriculum

CTE teachers,

What curriculum are you using with your Adobe programs now that Adobe is updating every year? I've been using Classroom in a Book, but I'm not sure how best to keep up with the updates. Pretty much any curriculum goes out of date almost as soon as it comes in!

I'm interested to see how Pearson keeps up since the tests are supposed to be live in-app next year. I'm hoping we'll find out more at Certified this year, but it's challenging figuring out how to proceed!

Products
  • Adobe Premiere Pro

Edit media in its native format and create productions for film, TV, and web.

• Dreamweaver

Design and develop modern, responsive websites.

• Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

• Animate

Design interactive vector animations for multiple platforms.

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

Ratings
4 / 5 • 1 Rating

Comments (8)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Kevin Cummins

Posted on 10/23/18 3:07:30 AM Permalink

Where can I get hold of this book?

andrew majors

Posted on 10/23/18 4:50:00 PM Permalink

Here you go:

​Amazon

It comes with the project files/resources disk as well.​

andrew majors

Posted on 9/6/18 3:58:15 PM Permalink

​Hi Kelley- This is my first year teaching a video production course. I'm thinking about purchasing the Classroom in a Book - how did you like it? Also, do have any advice, suggestions, great developed curriculum, or any other help for a first year video production teacher (grades 10-12)? Thank you!!!

Andy

Kelley Camp

Posted on 9/7/18 4:34:02 PM Permalink

Hi, Andy! I don't teach video production, so I can't say firsthand about any curriculum in that area. However, the guy I work with who does teach it uses a combination of Classroom in a Book, the Cengage Revealed book, and Adobe's Premier tutorials on their website. For your first year, I would probably stick with the CRiaB unless it's a subject you're really comfortable with and you feel confident enough to branch out. CRiaB covers all of the bases and is pretty easy to follow. You can also look at Adobe's Make It Now videos on YouTube if you need any quick filler projects.

When I use CRiaB in my classroom, I go through the first chapter with my students so they can get the hang of how it presents information, then I let them work independently the rest of the time and float around as they need help. They seem to like that set up, and it allows them to move at their own pace and prevents students from getting too far behind if they're absent. If there's a common issue, I'll demo that to the class, but otherwise I facilitate.

Hope that helps you some!

andrew majors

Posted on 10/23/18 4:47:23 PM Permalink

Thank you so much for the reply! ​Yes- this helps! I was able to purchase the CRiaB but I haven't yet started using it. Hoping to incorporated it much more in 2nd semester. I appreciate you letting me know about Adobe's Make it Now page.

Linda Dickeson

Posted on 7/31/18 5:15:29 PM Permalink

The link Adobe Education posted below is broken. Can you point us to the correct location? Thanks!

Adobe Education

Posted on 8/2/18 6:48:11 AM Permalink

Adobe Education

Posted on 5/24/18 4:16:47 PM Permalink

We're doing out best to keep our curriculum https://edex.adobe.com/digital-careers-activities

up to date, but as you say, it is challenging as the software changes rapidly. We've been updating our content at least once a year for the major releases of the core Creative Cloud products. Plus, our curriculum is free, so that helps! Hope it is useful!