Matthew Ross
Secondary Teacher

Graduate Teachers

The first years of teaching can be very overwhelming. What tools and resources have you/did you find the most helpful for the beginning if your career? There is so much out there it is diffucult to know where to start.

Products
  • Adobe Spark

Adobe Spark is an easy-to-use tool that helps you turn your ideas into compelling social graphics, web stories, and animated videos

Ratings
3 / 5 • 1 Rating

Comments (3)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Leonardo Jara

Posted on 11/23/19 7:57:01 AM Permalink

As you suggest, Adobe Spark can serve to capture ideas of the classes you want to teach. You can create the necessary resources so that students are up to date both digitally and in person. Behance can be used to share many ideas, don't forget. You can also create infographics within the classroom, this is so that children or teenagers do not get bored easily, I have seen that they pay better attention by viewing representative graphics or drawings than to a powerpoint text plane. ​

Leona Guidace

Posted on 11/1/19 3:14:08 PM Permalink

​Hi Matthew! Which grade levels and subject are you teaching? So true that 'getting started' resources are invaluable to ensure educators' success and peace of mind during the first two years.

Matthew Ross

Posted on 1/29/20 12:25:25 AM Permalink

Hey Leona,

Well now that I am in my first teaching position I can say I am teaching English and Religious Education at a Catholic Secondary School :)