shamir yanay
A Dynamic Thinker, a dedicated implementer

What is the opposite of Creativity (Except non-creative)

A research I am working on brought me to search for the Antonym for CREATIVITY. It would be great to have your input and thoughts on this one.

A quick Dictionary research yield this:

creativity | ˌkriːeɪˈtɪvɪti | noun [mass noun] the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness: firms are keen to encourage creativity.

Thesaurus: creativity noun

challenging objectives motivate staff and encourage creativity: inventiveness, imagination, imaginativeness, innovation, innovativeness, originality, individuality; artistry, expressiveness, inspiration, vision, creative power, creative talent, creative gift, creative skill, resourcefulness, ingenuity, enterprise.

Antonyms for creative

• fruitless
  • impotent
  • inept
  • old
  • uncreative
  • unfruitful
  • unproductive
  • ungifted
  • unimaginative
  • uninspired
  • untalented

What is the right Antonym for educators?

Ratings
5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (5)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

shamir yanay

Posted on 5/4/18 3:21:43 PM Permalink

​An interesting thought regarding limit &limitless creativity.

James Knight

Posted on 5/4/18 12:37:10 AM Permalink

What came immediately to mind for me as an antonym for creativity is "orthodoxy", and when I think of orthodoxy I think of doing things as they have been done, often because that's been successful, and it may be a safe way to proceed with a pretty good chance of success and with limited risk of failure. I think orthodoxy drives a huge number of processes in our world, and it's certainly not necessarily a bad thing. When you need to get something done and maybe by a deadline, using the tried and true methods may be the smartest way to proceed. Especially as we get older though, it can become a comfort zone that let's us feel successful and secure, and succumbing to that comfort zone is when creativity starts to fade.

shamir yanay

Posted on 5/4/18 3:23:30 PM Permalink

Well put! So ’comfort zone’ is also an opposite...

Marq Mervin

Posted on 5/6/18 11:38:29 PM Permalink

This is an excellent antonym! I've come across the same problem as Shamir and wondered how to best describe the opposite of creativity. I'm doing research on how to explain Art & Design to those outside of this field (or, the "orthodoxy"). This helps out tremendously. Thank you for sharing!

shamir yanay

Posted on 5/7/18 8:16:58 AM Permalink

​sounds interesting, im curious about your research!