will milne
Photographer and Photography Educator

Ideas for Digital Feedback

I teach a Commercial Photography course to high school juniors and seniors. While I'm really good at giving informal feedback when I'm walking around the classroom and looking over students' shoulders, I'm always looking for ways to give more in depth feedback on digital files without printing out a sheet of paper and writing on it. I've tried all sorts of stuff including making Notes in Photoshop, editing the metadata of photos, turning photos into PDFs and commenting on the side. So far, I have yet to find a method that has felt satisfactory. This year, I'm planning on having students upload their assignments to Canvas (our LMS) and giving grades/writing short pieces of feedback there, but I wanted to check in and see if anyone else that teaches a digital media course has found or created a feedback method that they swear by.

Products
  • Adobe Premiere Pro
  • Photoshop
  • After Effects
  • Illustrator
  • InDesign
  • Lightroom Classic
Ratings
5 / 5 • 4 Ratings

Comments (4)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Cane Prevost

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 4:44:59 PM Permalink

?I use Google Photos for all my photo classes. It's free and students have access to unlimited free storage. They upload all photo assignments to Google Photos and create an album for each project. They can then share the album with me. You can add comments to individual photos right from your web browser AND students get great cloud backup. If you are using Google Classroom it's a seamless integration.

Georgina B Solari

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 2:22:28 AM Permalink

el tiene feedback me graba todo saca cosas con mi nombre. Le paga a att.net para mantenerme monitiriada y mi buró de crédito esta Super mal yo no trabajo y el mio esta bien mal el score y el saca lonas juega juegos De azar tarjetas y su buró de crédito esta Super bien. Y quiero monitoreen mi teléfono mis cuentas Porfavor. Ni siquiera tarjeta de crédito tengo estoy desabilitada pero no me dan beneficios

Ares Hovhannesyan

Posted on Sep 12, 2017 6:51:20 PM Permalink

?I can suggest you to Use ?Edmodo learning platform. It's free and easy to use. I have now more than 200 student in 8 classes for PS and AI courses.

Jason Lachance

Posted on Sep 9, 2017 11:25:09 PM Permalink

Here is what I do, not only can you comment but you will look really cool doing it. I create an Adobe Spark project for each of my students and when they submit images and I am ready to make comments I copy the image to their spark project and comment below each image. The student has a link to their Spark project which i update with each image I receive. It keeps a timeline in a sense of their work for the course and does it seamlessly making their images look great on any device and its fully responsive. You can create as many projects as you like and its completely free. I also use it to supply students with information on my lectures so they can follow along on their iPhone if they wish, it's a great way to prepare lessons as well as supply information.