TJ Fletcher
Web Programmer/Trainer

Using Adobe Acrobat for Assessment?

Do teachers in your school make use of Adobe Acrobat in assessing student work? I've found very few knew they even had Adobe Acrobat Pro on their computers, or confuse it with Adobe Reader. There are some pretty great features wrapped into Acrobat Pro...like the ability to embed or stream video, create electronic forms, comment on video, collect feedback, etc. Just wondering how others get the word out...or why they aren't getting the word out? Seems like a no-brainer...

Products
  • Acrobat

The complete PDF solution for working anywhere. (includes desktop, web, and mobile access)

Ratings
5 / 5 • 4 Ratings

Comments (12)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Judy Durkin

Posted on 5/1/18 2:58:04 PM Permalink

I do as much as I can with Acrobat - it is the glue that holds my scattered brain together.

Austin Harper

Posted on 10/5/15 1:16:55 PM Permalink

I knew a few professors who taught graduate level programming whom used Adobe Acrobat for assessment. I especially liked the ability to collect feedback.

Veronica Sarmiento

Posted on 11/6/14 2:13:26 PM Permalink

Is FormsCentral available in the CS6 Master Collection or only on CC?

Also, I am looking for a Acrobat Lesson Plan Form step-by-step that I saw a while back (back when it was Acrobat 9), but I can't find it now. I'd like to populate it with my courses' standards and benchmarks. Would FormsCentral be the way to go?

Judy Durkin

Posted on 11/6/14 11:52:33 PM Permalink

FormsCentral is separate from CC. It is located at https://formscentral.acrobat.com

You can set up a form in InDesign or Acrobat. I use Common Curriculum for all of my course planning: Http://www.Commoncurriculum.com
It is free and easy to use.

Veronica Sarmiento

Posted on 11/7/14 12:55:34 AM Permalink

Thanks Judy! I will definitely check it out.

Kristie MacLaughlin

Posted on 8/3/12 10:47:08 PM Permalink

I'm using Acrobat.com/Acrobat Pro to get my students to collaborate on the Yearbook. It's a great way for them to check one another, leave ideas & notes, and it's easy fo me to make sure they're on track. It's made it very simple for me to take a daily assessment grade.

George Joeckel

Posted on 8/3/12 5:00:06 PM Permalink

I think there is HUGE potential for using PDFs for assessment. Here's an example of dynamic PDF (built in LC Designer) that we are using in a finance class to replace a static MS Word document: http://edexchange.adobe.com/posts/2040488ce6.

THe Financial Checkup Tool features:

- Income/Expense Tracking Sheet
- Net Worth Statement
- Income/Expense Statement
- Financial Ratios Worksheet
- Revolving Savings Worksheet
- Retirement Needs Worksheet
- Life Insurance Needs Worksheet
- Financial Goal Worksheet
- Monthly Budget Statement

FCT1.pdf

Judy Durkin

Posted on 7/26/12 2:34:50 PM Permalink

FORMS CENTRAL ROCKS! I wish I could post some of the cool things that I have done in forms central. Maybe I will play around a little and see what I can export to Adobe Education Exchange.

Judy Durkin

Posted on 7/26/12 1:32:10 PM Permalink

The answer to asessment in the classroom is: Adobe Forms Central. You can create ANY type of question WITH graphics (which Google Forms does NOT feature). You can create a quiz that is self-scoring and also intermesh surveys, essay questions - the sky is the limit. Forms Central is idiot-proof - easy to use. It has transformed my classroom into a paperless one and made my job much easier. I am able to proces and evaluate student performance in a much more timely manner.

TJ Fletcher

Posted on 7/26/12 1:53:09 PM Permalink

I need to look at Forms Central more...wasn't aware that you could use graphics. Thanks, Judy! :)

Linda Dickeson

Posted on 7/25/12 10:15:36 PM Permalink

As some of our CTE teachers are working with students on portfolio building they are beginning to use the Acrobat commenting tools to assess portfolios. But I agree, I teach workshop after workshop and usually 100% percent of the participants had no idea how the commenting tools work. Also I think as districts update to Reader X, the use of commenting will increase since basic commenting is available (sticky notes, etc.) without having to enable the document for Reader.

Nancy Parker

Posted on 7/25/12 5:44:41 AM Permalink

I find Adobe Acrobat Pro a most valuable tool for educators BUT most educators do not understand the power of Acrobat Pro. Yes, many are confused and think the Acrobat Reader is Acrobat. I find that modeling is the best way to demonstrate the power of Acrobat Pro. It is amazing how much work that a teacher can save by using forms to make worksheets that can be used and reused without ever requiring paper and ink. In addition, the commenting tools are a great way to grade papers.