Christian Gutierrez
Digital media and Web Design Peer Leader Assistant

Discussing the purpose and usage of smart objects, layers and vectors in editing.

“Smart Objects are basically layers that include image information from raster and vector images, like Photoshop and Illustrator files. While smart Objects protect an image’s source data with all its creative uniqueness, allowing you to execute nondestructive editing to the layer.” Inside graphics software, a layer is the phrase used to explain the various stages at which you can put an object and image file. Vector graphics drawing software is implemented for producing and controlling vector graphics. Raster images are totally depends on pixels and therefore scale with failure of clearness, when vector-based images can be balanced for an indefinite period without demeaning. In hiding layer, you can hide a number of layers as a result that they will not be combined.

What do you think about Photoshop’s layer styles and their way to add effects within a picture?

Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

Keywords
Ratings
4 / 5 • 2 Ratings

Comments (2)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Carly Manhart

Posted on 3/30/19 6:53:51 AM Permalink

​"Smart Objects" is something I've truly never understood... Every time I place an image on a new layer in Photoshop, I instantly right-click, rasterize layer.

Elias Ortega

Posted on 12/2/15 3:44:28 PM Permalink