Derek Dorsett
Instructional Designer

What's the best tool for Augmented Reality?

I would love to know more about what is out there and what teachers are using. I know that it might be too expensive right now to use AR, but I hope that there is something that can help the students get on board with using technology to learn. Are there an Adobe tools that can help with this process?

Products
Ratings
5 / 5 • 8 Ratings

Comments (18)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Kundan Narendra

Posted on 1/13/18 10:03:56 AM Permalink

​I visited Blippar Portal today, recomended by colleague, and it is really amazing.

Here is the link: ​click here - Blippar

And above all, it is Free for Educators.

Hope this helps.

Wish a Happy 2018 to all.

Albert Thomas

Posted on 11/9/17 3:36:31 AM Permalink

Eliot Attridge

Posted on 9/20/17 2:40:11 AM Permalink

There is also Zappar- which is a very polished product. I use Photoshop etc to design the triggers (these are the images etc that the app recognises). The company that makes Zappar has also made a very cheap ($50) MR cardboard device that gives a Hololens-like experience.

It'd be great to start getting some Adobe apps that are in the AR / VR line.

Drew Proctor

Posted on 8/30/17 1:33:48 PM Permalink

​I would second a few other people, Derek; Aurasma is what I'm currently using with my middle school Yearbook staff. They are creating content that will be integrated into the yearbook so students can see Video highlights, interviews, and other content from throughout the school year by way of Aurasma. Gives a whole new dimension to the yearbook!

They have limited knowledge when it comes to Adobe products, but we will be using Premiere Pro and Photoshop to create content. My old school only had Premiere and Photoshop available to teachers, but I'm getting more into the creative products and hoping I can come up with more projects for my students in regards to animation and AR.

Eden Carey

Posted on 8/30/17 5:41:42 AM Permalink

Look into Theta on the App Store for the iPad and ClassVR. I will be aiming to produce some resources with my Secondary students.

Ana Arrieta

Posted on 8/29/17 10:38:18 PM Permalink

​lI have been using Aurasma for a few years...I love it! As for how to integrate Adobe products to it. I have used spark videos attached to Aurasma triggers to have my students present their work, portfolios etc.

Juan Fernando Velez Melguizo

Posted on 8/29/17 5:50:30 PM Permalink

​Unfortunately, today Adobe tools only can be used to generate content for AR solutions, not for develop it or produce it, there is an ANE to integrate Wikitude with Adobe AIR, but the downside is that Wikitude is the most expensive AR solution on the market.

I use to develop AR apps Qualcomm Vuforia integrated with Unity 3D, is the best solution, less expensive, its totally free for development, you only must pay one time fee per app when you are going to distribute to the appstores.

Examples of Vuforia and Unity3D: http://www.3dlogical.com/realidadaumentada

Kundan Narendra

Posted on 8/29/17 4:43:38 PM Permalink

I got in my mail today, and came to see​ what it is...Augmented Reality.

And, I'm impressed with what I got, and some tools that we can find to start learning in this topic.

Thanks for sharing.

Ari Vega

Posted on 7/14/17 2:18:54 AM Permalink

ellen flaherty

Posted on 7/3/17 3:29:25 PM Permalink

Derek Dorsett

Posted on 7/2/17 3:03:27 AM Permalink

​I just tried Aurasma today and I am super impressed! I think this product is amazing. Thanks so much for the advice.

Destery Hildenbrand

Posted on 6/15/17 1:21:57 PM Permalink

Aurasma is a free alternative to try, it has some limitations and is a little clunky to work with. Also, take a look at Zappar. This is an affordable and better-constructed intro to AR. Also look into Blippar for education. Also free at this time, it's a more advanced GUI to create AR content, a little more of a learning curve but even better results. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, I spend a lot of time in this space. Good luck!

Derek Dorsett

Posted on 6/15/17 8:49:11 PM Permalink

Thank you! I will take a look at these and see what works best for my goals. I'm about as new into this as one can get and appreciate you offering to help down the road. I followed you and once I get into the realm I'm sure I will have a ton of questions. Right now I am doing the Train The Trainer program on here--and am also diving into learning Adobe Captivate and Articulate software. The great news about educational technology is that there is always something new to learn. Thanks, Derek

Ngozi Akinro

Posted on 6/23/17 3:16:11 PM Permalink

I'm new into AR too. Used​ Aurasma once. Really easy to use.

barry ng

Posted on 6/26/17 4:10:48 AM Permalink

nice, thanks for the information.​

Mark Burns

Posted on 6/13/17 7:52:59 PM Permalink

​Not aware of any adobe products but you could try Aurasma. It's free and works on your phone/tablet :)

Derek Dorsett

Posted on 6/14/17 3:05:18 AM Permalink

Thanks for the response! I'll check out that program. Derek

Renee' Smith

Posted on 7/22/17 2:23:40 AM Permalink

Great advice, thanks!​