Lots of inappropriate threads in Trending Resources

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 by Sjaani van den Berg Latest activity: Jun 28, 2017

7 4,567
  • 5/5 | 4 Ratings

Is it just me or are other members seeing what looks to be a whole lot of innappropriate content being loaded into the Trending Resources area at the moment?

I'm seeing advertising pages completely unrelated to education in any way.

They seem to have been created by individuals who have signed up on Sept 1st.

Comments (6)

Jody Campbell

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 4:17:09 PM - Permalink

Yes I noticed it too and will be flagging away!

Damien Soukhavong

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 11:41:56 AM - Permalink

Agreeing... probably spam?

Sjaani van den Berg

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 12:32:57 PM - Permalink

That's what I'm thinking Damien.

The fact that we have to be members and log in though means that someone is going through a bit of effort to post their rubbish.

Adobe Education

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 2:21:26 PM - Permalink

Yes - from time to time we get waves of spam. We have many protocols in place to prevent spam, but there are times they make an effort to get through. We have removed all of the content and we are as vigilant as possible at constantly moderating the Exchange for such spam and removing it and the offending members immediately.

On your end you can also flag spam content in the upper right hand corner by selecting the flag icon. Having members help in flagging this kind of content is really helpful to ensure we only have the kind of relevant content we expect on the AEE.

Cheers,
The AEE Team

Sjaani van den Berg

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 10:02:10 PM - Permalink

Thanks Adobe Education,

I had flagged a few, but they just kept on coming.

Adobe Education

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 11:45:47 PM - Permalink

Indeed there was an onslaught. Thanks so much for your help flagging them. We truly appreciate you taking the time to try and take care of the AEE community!

Cheers,
The AEE Team