TJ Fletcher
Web Programmer/Trainer

Using Level Up in Photoshop?

How many of you are using Level Up in your design classrooms? How are you using it? For the students who are quicker to finish a project? Skill building?
Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

Ratings
4 / 5 • 7 Ratings

Comments (30)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Aaron Roberts

Posted on 3/18/14 1:06:45 PM Permalink

We're upgrading to CC next year in my classroom and I'm going to pilot Level Up with some students here in the Spring to see how it goes. Right now, we're on CS5 in the classroom, so I have a few students who bring in their own laptops that will be trying it out.

Has anyone thought about creating a Level Up for Illustrator or In Design? I would love to lend some assistance if anyone is working on that.

Myzet Couprie

Posted on 8/23/13 11:01:21 AM Permalink

Nice, I've never used it before, but will show it to my students. Unfortunately i got stuck in mission 13. the software didn't remark my selection.

Halimat Alabi

Posted on 8/14/13 4:04:43 AM Permalink

This looks like a fun resource for kids, but I am not sure my adult students would take to this (it seems to be targeted to youth). I haven't used it in a training situation, but I would use it with my teenager!

Mary-Elizabeth O'Toole

Posted on 8/13/13 7:40:14 PM Permalink

Looks like a useful tool and I could see it being very engaging. As others have mentioned, not able to use since I don't currently have CC subscription. Will definitely note for future use.

Dan Armstrong

Posted on 8/14/13 1:43:34 AM Permalink

Level up doesn't require Photoshop CC it is just compatible with it. I think it will work with CS5 even. CC just uses the exchange panel to install level up but there is no requirement to use the exchange panel. To install just download it.

M Turk

Posted on 8/13/13 7:01:45 PM Permalink

Not used this before, but think this is a great addition to the learning experience. Interested in using this with my own Photoshop courses but don't have a creative cloud subscription as I use the software at work. Does anyone know if there Is there a reduced creative cloud fee for educators in further education?

Dan Armstrong

Posted on 8/14/13 1:47:42 AM Permalink

Level up doesn't require Photoshop CC it is just compatible with it. I think it will work with CS5 even. CC just uses the exchange panel to install level up but there is no requirement to use the exchange panel. To install just download it.

Barbara Hender

Posted on 8/14/13 2:16:38 PM Permalink

Received a reply to my post. Only available for CS6 and CC

Donna Cruz

Posted on 8/8/13 6:14:21 PM Permalink

I think it was last year when I was introduced to Level Up for Photoshop CS6 and I have to say it was a blast! I loved how it was set up and the tutorials were very informative and easy to accomplish. The badges were fun to get too. At the time, I remember my biggest disappointment was that it ended. I guess it was a trial one month session and I completed all the tutorials twice over! I see you have it for Photoshop CC, but I do not have this and wish there were additional Level Up Photoshop CS6 tutorials!

Dan Armstrong

Posted on 8/9/13 3:26:19 PM Permalink

I second that message! More levels.

Marion Wood

Posted on 8/1/13 7:59:09 PM Permalink

Great resource! Gives me ideas for my own workshops.

Dan Armstrong

Posted on 7/31/13 6:52:32 AM Permalink

Very great resource. My students love it. It's a must for photoshop.

Don Hoye

Posted on 7/25/13 1:56:45 AM Permalink

Was wondering, if we, as instructors, will have access so we can evaluate student "play"

Carol Bly

Posted on 7/17/13 4:06:37 PM Permalink

Unfortunately, I can't use the LevelUp or the AdobeExchange without paying a monthly fee for CC now, even though I'm running CS6. I've been using lynda.com for many years, so I guess that's where I'll put my $375/yr. I'm thinking about downloading a free trial of the Creative Cloud...but, I'm afraid I'll become addicted.

Jonathan Ferman

Posted on 7/18/13 9:43:00 AM Permalink

Hi Carol,

We still have lots of love for CS6 users! There is a LevelUp for Photoshop CS6. To get it just go to the Adobe Exchange Panel within Photoshop CS6 by going to the menu Windows > Extensions > Adobe Exchange and then do a search for 'Level' and you will find Level Up for Photoshop CS6.

Don't have the Adobe Exchange Panel for CS6? You can download it here:

https://www.adobeexchange.com

For CC customers the Adobe Exchange Panel is already installed and there is a version of Level Up for Photoshop CC too, just called 'Level Up'.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan Ferman | Adobe Exchange Product Manager

Barbara Hender

Posted on 8/8/13 8:08:52 AM Permalink

Is there an exchange panel option for CS5.5?

Jonathan Ferman

Posted on 8/9/13 12:19:44 PM Permalink

Sorry CS6 and CC only. We would have loved to support more products with Exchange but as we have to test every product on Mac and Windows, we needed to start somewhere and that release was CS6.

Barbara Hender

Posted on 8/14/13 2:09:50 PM Permalink

No probs. Thanks for the info. Will now try to work on an upgrade to newer version of adobe products in the school setting ;$$, as by all accounts it reads like a great and engaging resource to have on tap.

Perhaps, add a statement on the product page that it is only available from that version CS6+, as not clear from the page that I visited.

Arthur Balzotti

Posted on 4/10/13 5:57:31 PM Permalink

I have installed it, but when I try to run it, it just gets stuck at the "loading" message/screen....any help would be great.

Lukas Engqvist

Posted on 2/28/13 7:42:44 AM Permalink

We installed level up for students to try out during "open house" (potential students may come to the school to find out more). Many first time users enjoyed quests, one problem was however that I needed to create a new adobe id to log into. This means it's a little tricky in Lab with shared computer (unless they have personal log in accounts)

Jonathan Ferman

Posted on 7/18/13 9:45:09 AM Permalink

Hi Lukas,

I am afraid we do need to use an Adobe ID as it gives us a unique reference of where a person has got to in LevelUp so they can continue at home for example as well as knowing about updates. You can easily switch users in the Adobe Exchange Panel by going to the 'My Stuff' tab and clicking the Switch User link on the top right hand corner.

Jonathan

JONATHAN FERMAN

Posted on 10/17/12 9:37:03 AM Permalink

You can also find LevelUp and a whole host of other products which are easily installed via Extension Manager in the new Adobe Exchange. Right now it's available as a panel for 9 different CS6 apps. Download it free here: https://www.adobeexchange.com/download

Pete MacKay

Posted on 9/17/12 9:33:17 PM Permalink

Just wondering if there are concerns with lab setups? Are teachers finding it necessary to include LevelUp in their lab image or can it be installed after the fact by teachers (or students)...

Michael Cole

Posted on 9/17/12 10:05:18 PM Permalink

Haven't had the occasion to use it yet in our labs but it seems to me it could be setup after the fact in a disc image update.

Michael Cole

Posted on 9/3/12 10:47:06 PM Permalink

Just downloaded the extension. At first glance, it seems to be a great way to get students rolling with Photoshop.

Jeff Larson

Posted on 9/2/12 10:40:21 PM Permalink

Got it all sorted out..about to level up!

Jeff Larson

Posted on 9/2/12 10:04:53 PM Permalink

I've been having trouble downloading it. Tried on a couple different computers and it hasn't worked for me yet. Sure wanted to try it.

John Doherty

Posted on 8/31/12 8:19:06 AM Permalink

Didn't know about LevelUp but have now downloaded it. Looks very interesting.

Meredith Blache

Posted on 7/24/12 7:01:09 PM Permalink

I have used it as extra credit. Right now the students can get through it in just about one class. I can't wait for more levelup lessons. I love to be able to send new people there to quickly learn the basics of Photoshop.

TJ Fletcher

Posted on 7/24/12 6:45:21 PM Permalink