Brian O'Dell
Digital Media Instructor

AP Certification for Digital Media

Is there anyone out there that has AP certified classes in Digital Media (ie) Video Production, Graphic Design, Special Effects etc in their state or school district?  I am looking into designing a third level class at our school for Advanced Students but the only areas that are AP certified are Programming.  Is there such an AP certified status for high school in the areas I am looking for?  I looked up AP online and could only find Programming there too.  HELP PLEASE as I really want to present this idea to our school board and administration.  Thanks!

Products
Ratings
5 / 5 • 2 Ratings

Comments (7)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Brian O'Dell

Posted on 9/15/15 6:23:25 PM Permalink

That's the route I am trying to take here. We have dual credit for our Academic Classes so I am hoping this works. Thanks for the link.

Chris Lane

Posted on 9/15/15 4:15:54 PM Permalink

Could you talk to a community college or technical college in your area about setting up a dual enrollment class for your 3rd level? We have something like that in Tennessee with the core classes and there has been talk of making our Audio/Visual Production Class a duel enrollment for the 3rd level. They get the college credit and you teach it there at the high school. A quick google search I found this. https://www.ocpstechcenters.net/Career-CertificatePrograms/Programs%20of%20Study/articulations/TVProductionOrange.pdf

Brian O'Dell

Posted on 9/16/15 12:12:30 AM Permalink

This link does not work. Do you have another link or is there more that should be linked?

Brian O'Dell

Posted on 9/10/15 6:53:05 PM Permalink

Thank You. I will look at this. Its the only way our District will add a class is if it is AP Certified.

Veronica Sarmiento

Posted on 9/10/15 1:01:27 AM Permalink

Hi Brian,

I think it would fall under the umbrella of AP Studio Art. There are 3 portfolios to choose from: 2D Design, Drawing, and 3D-Design. Unfortunately, the student's art will only be read in 2D form, so video-based, performance art and even 3D art will only be reviewed through still pictures. I have taught this in the art room, and now have a Digital Design student who is making amazing portraits in Photoshop. He is interested in submitting a portfolio, and I am so excited about it! Check out the AP web site at http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/home for more detailed information. They have great AP Summer Institutes for training. Hope this helps!

Veronica

Alan Humbert

Posted on 9/21/15 2:34:11 AM Permalink

That's great information. Thank you for sharing.