Carley Ezell
Graphics arts occupations teacher

Assessing the Visual Design: Foundations of Design and Print Production

I am using the Adobe Visual Design: Foundations of Design and Print Production curriculum and lesson plans for my classroom. I am a first time teacher and am working through the activities and projects with my class. Many of my students are first year design students and I'm wondering if anyone else is using this curriculum and if you could share examples of some of the projects - Collages and Photography, Logos, Business Cards, etc. It may be helpful for the students to see what they are working toward.

Any advice for using these lesson plans would be appreciated. They are great but sometimes seem a little vague to my 11 & 12 graders. 

Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

Ratings
5 / 5 • 1 Rating

Comments (3)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Elmi Martinez

Posted on 8/24/16 2:32:58 PM Permalink

Can someone post the link to the curriculum, please? I've clicked on the link that comes up in the search but it won't take me there :( -- thank you so much!

Donna Groves

Posted on 9/16/15 11:30:27 PM Permalink

Hello Lady!!!

I just saw this maybe a year to late. But here is what I have. Do the projects the night before. And teach the tools, don't make everything have a project tied to it. You will advance so much further if you do that. I am using this curriculum this year and love it. I can't believe you didn't receive more responses.