Jamie Leduc
Technology Department Head. Animation, Visual & Audio Effects, Media Project Management Teacher

Behance student portfolios

I infused  behance as a portfolio site for my animation class.  I really love the simplicity and power of the site, but I am wondering if there is a workaround to upload fla files?

Products
  • Animate

Design interactive vector animations for multiple platforms.

Keywords
Ratings
5 / 5 • 2 Ratings

Comments (6)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Albert Riel

Posted on 1/18/16 11:58:20 PM Permalink

Thanks..we are now using Behance as well!

Flora Cusi

Posted on 2/13/14 11:53:51 AM Permalink

I have some issues too with the fact Ai files can't be uploaded on Behance, that's a pity. I have seen a turnaround when it is about audio files. Some upload on soundcloud and embed files. I wonder if you can't find a service that hosts your fla files and then embed them as projects or works in progress?

Aaron Roberts

Posted on 2/13/14 12:16:39 PM Permalink

While you can't upload AI files directly, there is a "Share to Behance" feature in Illustrator CC that will allow you to put your image up without exporting to a PNG or JPG first. It's a bit of a shortcut. I don't know enough about Flash to comment about FLA's. I might spend some time looking around on Behance in coming few days and see if anyone else is posting media like that.

Jim Thomson

Posted on 12/6/13 4:14:06 AM Permalink

Behance is based on html5 code which allows for video and audio playback without plugins. The fact that Adobe won't even support Flash on its own site shows how dead the .swf file format has become though it still clings to life as a game player format. Animated film should be output as video, web animation should be rebuilt in html5.

carolyn brown

Posted on 10/14/13 9:58:53 PM Permalink

Behance doesn't support .fla because it doesn't handle native file types. As mentioned by Aaron, .psd and .ai don't work either. Behance also does not handle .swf because it's Flash technology. So you can have your students produce their .fla as .mov and upload that or you can use DeviantArt a different portfolio site that supports swf.

Aaron Roberts

Posted on 10/9/13 12:19:13 PM Permalink