Jordan Trujillo
Graphic Designer

InDesign Workshop: Great course but a few steps missing!

This was a cool introduction to the main processes used in InDesign. I had a couple hick-ups with this workshop though. The course provides the materials for you, but if you are following along with the videos, it seems like there is a completely missed portion of the video of when you work on the front of the card. The video ends after having you resize the "Design talks" text box and the next video begins with colors, and text styles loaded into the creative cloud library, and other features on the front of the card that were not made in the walk through. Also when working on the back of the card, the commentator used a web only font? That may be to me not knowing the best way to get that font, but it was unavailable to me so the sizing of the letters and spaces were completely off. The course got the basics across, and these issues may seem small and insignificant, but when a course is designed around following someone step by step in a video, it can be frustrating for someone who has never used the program to not know where these key features to the backside of the postcard came from. Also the survey link for step 3 provides an error.

Products
Ratings
4 / 5 • 1 Rating