Jessica Gauci
Teacher

"Brekkie with a Techie"

Hi all

I am starting "Brekkie with a Techie" up at my school again and I am looking for some ideas for workshop sessions using Adobe Software. Adobe tools are not regularly used in my school so I want to start with the basics to inspire teachers across a range of KLA's. All ideas and resources welcome! 

Thanks in advance :)

Jess

Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

• Adobe Spark

Adobe Spark is an easy-to-use tool that helps you turn your ideas into compelling social graphics, web stories, and animated videos

• Adobe Voice

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

Ratings
5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (9)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Jonathan Stewart

Posted on 5/19/16 10:33:49 PM Permalink

Tracing in Flash to learn the basic tools including layers. Basic shape and motion tweens in Flash. Basics of Photoshop looking at marque, quick selection and layers. Later I can show cool stuff like how to Rotoscope in Flash or Photoshop.

Premiere - how to make titles and sequence footage.

Jessica Gauci

Posted on 5/19/16 10:46:29 PM Permalink

Thank you for your reply Jonathan. You have given so many great ideas that will get me started! :)

Jonathan Stewart

Posted on 5/20/16 12:39:41 AM Permalink

let me know if you need tutorials like this one for shape tweening to animated time of day

https://www.pond.co.nz/detail/630883/animating-time-of-day-adobe-flash-pro-tutorial

Jane McPherson

Posted on 5/19/16 8:21:10 PM Permalink

I LOVE Adobe Post. The concept of using Post from Prep through to the older grades is so simple. We have used it to design front covers, profile pictures, flash cards, quote posters and promotional posters for events that are happening around the school. I found that Adobe Post is one of the easiest Adobe tools you can use to compliment a lesson because it is so quick and easy to use. Now that it is available online it makes it even more accessible! Plus animations now!!!
I find the best part about it is that the students can create something smart, simple and polished in about 5 minutes that looks like it shuld be in a magazine!
Science Week Poster
Mothers Card
Flash card for Class culture

Jessica Gauci

Posted on 5/19/16 10:45:56 PM Permalink

Hi Jane!

Thank you for your reply! So many wonderful ideas you have there and the examples are so professional. Thank you for sharing you have given me lots of ideas :)

Rachelle Wooten

Posted on 5/19/16 8:06:23 PM Permalink

I think Adobe Spark, formerly Post, Slate, and Voice, are a great starting place for new users! They are easy applications and can be used to replace or enhance any assignment or task! I have a couple resources on Spark Video (Voice) on the EdEx if you want to use them!

Jessica Gauci

Posted on 5/19/16 10:40:54 PM Permalink

That is a wonderful idea. Thank you Rachelle!

I would love to. Thank you, I will keep you updated! :)

Jess

Jason Carthew

Posted on 5/10/16 12:05:42 AM Permalink

Hi Jessica,

I am doing the same thing myself. I am looking at a mixture of Adobe products and Google Apps. I have started showing how to use Chroma-key technology to create authentic looking news broadcasts that can obviously be used across KLAs. Happy to share resources and reflections as they happen.

Regards,

Jason

Jessica Gauci

Posted on 5/19/16 10:40:03 PM Permalink

Hi Jason! Thank you for your reply.

That sounds really fantastic. Please keep me updated with your sessions and outcomes. I would love to share resources and reflections. My workshops won't be started this term, only in the planning stages but I will keep you updated.

My email is jessica.gauci4@det.nsw.edu.au

Jess