Want to help Adobe test Streaming Photoshop to Chromebooks?

Hi.  I’m in Adobe’s education team working on a project with Google to stream Photoshop to Chromebooks and Chrome browsers.  We're extremely excited with the potential of this to remove some of the hassles of deploying technology in the classroom.  (aka, how do we make your lives a little easier).  I’m looking for a few teachers who would be willing to work with us to test this.  This would be teachers who: (a) have deployed Chromebooks in the classroom, and (b) are teaching in areas other than pure design.  (I assume someone teaching a design-focused class would want to speed and power of a full desktop-based product).  If you’re interested, send me an email and we can set up a time to talk. 

Thank you, 
Matt Strain
mstrain@adobe.com

more info on the project: http://adobe.ly/1CPzufg

Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

Ratings
4 / 5 • 2 Ratings

Comments (3)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

meg mo

Posted on 7/10/15 12:34:29 AM Permalink

Hi!

I have a chromebook and I'd love to test the streaming Photoshop! I'm a photographer and I use PS everyday. I also have a lot of beta testing experience. Any chance there's a spot for testing?

Thanks,

Meg

Steve Pierce

Posted on 6/1/15 3:18:55 PM Permalink

The link no longer works-what is the status of the project? I am beyond frustrated with my old machines, have been told I likely won't upgrade unless it's to Chromebook. I already filled out the application for Project Streaming months ago, but heard nothing. All I really need to know is if PS is going to be available for Chromebooks or not so that I know how to progress for the sake of my Photography and Graphic Design classes.

Thank you

Ricardo Flores

Posted on 1/23/15 6:54:14 PM Permalink

Hi Matt,

I'm the instructional technologist at Skyline College in San Bruno CA. We have recently deployed a Chromebook rental program for our students. I also supervise the Media Services department here. I have 4 student assistants, and we use photoshop a lot for all sorts of instructional technology and media work. In our office we have 6 chromebooks.

If you think I might fit the profile you are looking for let me know. I'd be glad to test it out.

Ricardo Flores

floresr@smccd.edu