Veronica Sarmiento
Art Educator/Computer graphics

3D Printing from Photoshop in the Classroom?

Hi there! So my school district is investing in "emerging technologies" and I was asked if I would like a 3D printer for my classroom. Duh! Obviously it has to work with my curriculum, which I can make happen, but I would love to hear some ideas out there on how you currently (or would like to) use a 3D printer in your classroom. What kind of projects do you have the students do, and how easy is it to print from Photoshop? My courses are digital design and commercial art technology. Please share your thoughts and ideas. Thanks!

Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

Ratings
5 / 5 • 2 Ratings

Sofija Grabuloska

Posted on 11/17/14 8:19:42 PM   Permalink

Best Answer

Dear Veronica,

I'm art teacher form Prilep Macedonia. I'm professional multimedia arts, I work in National museum in Prilep, and all so I work in Mikrosam AD. Now day I make research on topic using 3D printers in art. I made abstract sketches, and I scan them and i make live trace on them in Illustrator. AI format I opened with MAYA and format that I make relief.

Comments (4)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Sir Shafiq

Posted on 4/17/17 7:52:04 PM Permalink

Time saving training material share by you

Jae Choy

Posted on 6/20/15 5:06:47 AM Permalink

Hi Veronica,

I used Sketchup, there was a huge learning curve, but it was fun to create something with a tool, I've never used before. Sketchup is a web based tool. We also took a field trip to Vocademy in Riverside. They have classes there for 3D printing.

Veronica Sarmiento

Posted on 2/17/15 11:46:20 PM Permalink

Thank you Sofija! This is extremely helpful!

Sofija Grabuloska

Posted on 11/17/14 8:19:42 PM Permalink

Best Answer

Dear Veronica,

I'm art teacher form Prilep Macedonia. I'm professional multimedia arts, I work in National museum in Prilep, and all so I work in Mikrosam AD. Now day I make research on topic using 3D printers in art. I made abstract sketches, and I scan them and i make live trace on them in Illustrator. AI format I opened with MAYA and format that I make relief.