Sandra Hodges
Teacher

Creative Commons and use

I ventured into the Creative Commons sight in order to grab some pictures of fruits and vegetables and I see that there is a price for the use of the images.  Without venturing back into Week 2 video - is there someone else out there that knows what to do?  How do we use images without paying when the use is for something like our lessons?

Products
  • Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

Keywords
Ratings
5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (5)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Dominique StGermain

Posted on 8/25/15 10:41:31 PM Permalink

Some speak of Flickr, google image search also allows you to filter - if you are on google, under images - click the "Search Tool" you have the option to filter by "Usage Rights" - might be worth have a try at it.

Natalie Andrecht

Posted on 6/17/15 6:34:05 AM Permalink

I have used the Flickr Commons to find photos without known restrictions. The great thing is that you are able to see what restrictions are attached to the photo by clicking the link on the right side under the date the photo was taken.

https://www.flickr.com/commons

Ian Upton

Posted on 6/17/15 1:37:40 PM Permalink

If you do a Flickr Search you will also see a license filter in the bar near he top of the screen. You can use this to filter different CC licences. Commercial, modify etcetera. Probably all part of the same system behind the scenes but could be a useful alternative.

Natalie, of course, is right. Check out any photo on Flickr and rights are clearly shown at the bottom right under the image...

Ian.

Ian Upton

Posted on 3/21/15 7:01:38 PM Permalink

I started to reply to Sandras' post but it started to get very big and a bit wider than the question so started a new thread. I do not have a direct answer but some thoughts This stuff in my opinion is so important. TY Sandra for motivating me to type...

Lori Stammer

Posted on 3/17/15 4:30:17 PM Permalink

Try Pixabay.com (may be .net) I have found very good images there.