TJ Fletcher
Web Programmer/Trainer

Media Festivals?

Does anyone know where I could find information on media festivals that I could share with teachers in order to promote their students work?
Ratings
5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (15)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Nicole Dalesio

Posted on 7/30/12 3:54:22 AM Permalink

Why don't we have our own media festival here on the Adobe Ed. Exchange?

Judy Durkin

Posted on 7/26/12 2:44:33 PM Permalink

Judy Durkin

Posted on 7/26/12 1:26:32 PM Permalink

An organization that I helped start had our first media showcase. The guidelines are on our website. Download them, steal them, revise them.

http://www.pcme.pro

TJ Fletcher

Posted on 7/26/12 1:48:47 PM Permalink

Judy, do you have a direct link to the guidelines on the PCME site? I clicked around, but didn't find them...sorry.

Linda Dickeson

Posted on 7/25/12 10:39:25 PM Permalink

Students from our Technology Focus Program in Lincoln, NE, made arrangements with a theater on the University Campus to show their work. Similar to Meredith's example, it's a big "red carpet" night with reception, lots of parent and community involvement and media hype.

Meredith Blache

Posted on 7/24/12 6:43:21 PM Permalink

The local newspapeer even covered the story with photoshoot and all. Did I mention it was a kindergarten project? It was truly amazing. I think they impressed a lot of people.

TJ Fletcher

Posted on 7/24/12 6:40:41 PM Permalink

Meredith, I think that is a great idea...love how it fosters community involvement and an authentic audience! What an amazing experience for those elementary students!

Meredith Blache

Posted on 7/24/12 6:33:33 PM Permalink

One or our local elementary schools contacted the local movie theater and had a film festival there. The theater was more than happy to donate the space for free and family purchase refreshments of course. The place was packed (standing room only). The students were so proud of their work.

Joe Dockery

Posted on 7/24/12 6:37:31 PM Permalink

We do a similar thing at our local theater. They charge $10 and our program gets $5 but it is bundled with a current film (Avengers this year)

Mali Bickley

Posted on 7/24/12 6:02:32 PM Permalink

Also check out "My Hero Flm Festival" www.myhero.com

I'm not sure about the grading. Sorry.

Mali

TJ Fletcher

Posted on 7/24/12 5:48:54 PM Permalink

I'll be sure to check out those resources...thanks, Joe and Mali! Do you know if teachers build this into their grading schemes?

Joe Dockery

Posted on 7/24/12 6:38:42 PM Permalink

I don't tie festival entries to my grading scheme.

TJ Fletcher

Posted on 7/24/12 6:42:35 PM Permalink

Thanks, Joe!

Mali Bickley

Posted on 7/24/12 4:59:35 PM Permalink

We recently held an on line international media festival

http://us.iearn.org/news/detail/2012-iearn-adobe-youth-voices-media-festival

If you would like more iformation about how we ran it and collated the media please fell free to contact us.

Mali

Joe Dockery

Posted on 7/24/12 4:59:11 PM Permalink