marcia blanco

Digital Portfolio Presentation Idea

Hi Folks!

I teach high school digital media and I have a student who is preparing for his final portfolio presentation. He wants to create an Avatar on Character Animator to present his portfolio so that my student can sit concealed from the audience and project onto the white board remotely using an Apple TV. Is there anyway he can project a live Avatar-type character over a Spark, Behance or Adobe Pf digital portfolio? How about an animated PDF? Any ideas for how we can do this?

• Adobe Spark

Adobe Spark is an easy-to-use tool that helps you turn your ideas into compelling social graphics, web stories, and animated videos

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

• Behance

Showcase and discover creative work.

• Character Animator

Turn 2D artwork into live, animated characters.

5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (3)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Marcia Blanco

Posted on 2/16/18 12:40:16 PM Permalink

Hi Dan,

No, we never figured it out. I think the only way to do it was to use two completely different systems; one to project the Avatar and the other to project the Spark Portfolio. All of our Apple TV's and projectors are mounted to ceiling plates, so that would have been tough to accomplish, physically. He ended up rocking his presentation in person. Thanks for asking. :)

Dan Ross

Posted on 2/16/18 3:40:41 AM Permalink

​Great question? Did you ever figure this out?

Derek Dorsett

Posted on 7/1/17 4:58:54 AM Permalink

I'm not sure what he can do because I have never used Character Animator before. However, there sounds like a couple of options. He can most likely export the file from Character Animater as a .gif or video file (MP4). Once he does that he can try and put it into Adobe Spark via the image feature or perhaps through the video feature. I've never tried but that might work. Worst case is that he can create a button on Adobe Spark and link the YouTube URL to the button. That way when he pushes the button it plays. Or perhaps he can load the .gif or video into Google Slides and link to the Adobe Spark button via a URL. Hopefully, that accomplished what you need.