Albert Thomas
Creative Consultant

Adobe Spark in the Classroom

What are the best ways to use Adobe Spark with ELL/ESL students? Share your ideas here.

Products
  • Adobe Spark

Adobe Spark is an easy-to-use tool that helps you turn your ideas into compelling social graphics, web stories, and animated videos

Keywords
Ratings
5 / 5 • 4 Ratings

Comments (8)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Sharon Paster

Posted on 5/26/18 6:14:38 PM Permalink

Seems like ELL input would be less hindered with grammatical rights/wrongs. There wouldn't be obstacle to their expression.​

Albert Thomas

Posted on 5/26/18 10:16:25 PM Permalink

That is a great point. Thank you for sharing.

alicia fine

Posted on 1/17/17 6:50:52 PM Permalink

I use Spark with my elementary ESL/ELL students. They write personal narratives and then have a chance to practice their reading and oral language when they record their stories. It's nice because they can hear their own voice and redo if necessary. They're so proud to share their work with their classrooms and teachers. They gain a great sense of pride without having ​to be self conscious speaking in front of a room. With my older students I've used spark to have them reflect on a learning topic and delve in deeper. The guided prompts help keep them focused on the task.

Victor Gonzalez

Posted on 1/17/17 6:02:48 PM Permalink

Larissa Warren

Posted on 1/6/17 8:05:53 AM Permalink

​I teach high school students but use Spark video on my iPad at home with my 4 year old son who has autism. I create social stories to help him with changes to his routine, when we travel or visit new places.

Fred Benitez

Posted on 1/5/17 7:32:17 PM Permalink

I have used Spark Video with ELL's to create introductions, practice vocabulary, and for sharing what they are doing in class with their family. I helped a teacher who wanted her students to create a Spark Video introducing themselves. I also facilitated a class in which we discussed vocabulary and the students searched for icons to represent the word, then add a voice over for pronunciation. I saw many reluctant speakers who really opened up once they saw how easy it was to record a voice over, listen to it, and re-record it. I also used Spark Page to showcase some of the student Spark Videos.

ellen flaherty

Posted on 12/5/16 4:27:18 PM Permalink

​I created this lesson back when it was Adobe Voice: https://edex.adobe.com/resource/97d4c6/ and could be repurposed for ELL. I saw another lesson like this on the AEE if you search you may find it. I've find using the video especially useful for students reluctant to speak - I let them have a lot of freedom to pick a topic they like and let them have fun. We create scripts, edit, then they record and create.

Albert Thomas

Posted on 12/12/16 4:56:27 PM Permalink

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I like the idea of using a story the students already know to create the video.