Student seeking advice

Hello everyone, I’m currently a web design/development student, I still have 1 more year until I graduate, however I would like to start gaining some work experience. Being that I’m on my 30’s and that most of my life I’ve worked doing administrative/clerical work, what would be the best advice anyone can give on how to find a job in web design/development with no experience? Does obtaining Adobe certifications help?

Many thanks! 

Products
  • Adobe Premiere Pro

Edit media in its native format and create productions for film, TV, and web.

• Dreamweaver

Design and develop modern, responsive websites.

• Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

• Lightroom Classic

Desktop-focused photo editing.

Ratings
4 / 5 • 1 Rating

Comments (3)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

dastagir ahmed

Posted on 6/10/17 7:36:20 AM Permalink

in china teaching pays more than in the usa. very relaxing when you are a native english speaker. you can get those jobs without any qualification. Just being a native english speakers make you qualified in china. I have lived in China for 11 years. Very easy to find a teaching job when you speak english fluently. ​Teaching English in China

dastagir ahmed

Posted on 6/10/17 7:34:08 AM Permalink

​well, you can keep doing what you do. Being a web developer is not worth that much anymore. lot people do them. you can come to china and find a teaching job which pays more than being a web dev. follow the link​ Expat jobs in China

Joseph Labrecque

Posted on 8/22/16 3:38:09 PM Permalink

Hi.

Do you have any public personal projects or do you collaborate on any open source projects? Both are good ways of getting out there and showing you have experience. Additionally, I believe that writing articles and creating tutorials is a great way to express leadership in these areas. Hope that is helpful.