360° video & Cinematic VR
As per questions from the APAC Live event on Cinematic VR and 360° video production here a discussion on 360° video cameras.
Cameras that I use in the class room:
1. Samsung Gear 360 - fun camera. Either 2016 or 2017 version. We had an issue with the Gear 360 stitching software as only four licenses can be installed.
2. Garmin Virb. - Easy to use and stitching software is available online. No restrictions. Fun camera.
3. Vuze 3D 360 Camera. - The 360 3D video is a great addition. Fun camera and HUmanEyes is very responsive (i.e. help desk). Human Eyes VR studio works well for us. (We received additional licenses when required).
Cameras that I tested:
1) Ricoh Theta - Seemed to work fine, but I was not a big fan of it.
2) Insta360 - Have a broad range of cameras from adding to your smartphone to professional environment with Insta360 pro. Technical support service was good. Software players and stitching software can be downloaded for free.
Which cameras have you used in the class room ?