Jeff O'Brien
Broadcast teacher

Portfolio ideas

I'm trying to create portfolios or in my case reels that go further than a classroom. Is there any good ideas on how to make portfolios and reels more practical to the outside world.

Products
  • Audition

Audio recording, mixing, and restoration.

• Illustrator Draw

Create freeform vector designs on your mobile device.

• Adobe Premiere Pro

Edit media in its native format and create productions for film, TV, and web.

• Photoshop

Editing and compositing for photos, web and mobile app designs, 3D artwork, videos, and more.

• After Effects

Create motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video, and web.

• Animate

Design interactive vector animations for multiple platforms.

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

• Lightroom Classic

Desktop-focused photo editing.

• Character Animator

Turn 2D artwork into live, animated characters.

Ratings
5 / 5 • 3 Ratings

Comments (5)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Dan Ross

Posted on 2/4/18 9:24:29 PM Permalink

​There are a lot of great ideas below! I never really know what the "outside world" is looking for so maybe talk with or interview a hiring manager to see what would stand out in his/her mind.

Jeff O'Brien

Posted on 6/20/18 2:30:40 PM Permalink

I tried your idea and had a few people from the industry come and talk to the classes. Great idea. Thank. ​

Dr. Sharkawi Che Din

Posted on 1/12/17 7:11:53 AM Permalink

​Usually it will start the idea by identifying what is lacking in the industry and your demo reels should be designed accordingly. In other word it is best to customize the contents of the reel to cater for each specific need. Just my opinion. Thanks

barry ng

Posted on 12/6/16 1:43:20 AM Permalink

I been trying to use adobe spark video and post to create my own experiences before deciding which is good for others. :)

Emmalee Pearson

Posted on 11/29/16 5:28:11 AM Permalink

​Do pro bono work for companies and organizations in need! It's a win-win situation.