Adriana Vereau
First Grade Teacher

Technology Tools

What are some of the most effective technology tools you have used? Which are most suitable in the primary grades?

Products
  • Audition

Audio recording, mixing, and restoration.

• RoboHelp

Create and deliver engaging Help, policy, and knowledge base content for any device.

• Story

Collaborative screenwriting, reporting, and scheduling tools

• Photoshop Sketch

Create expressive drawings and paintings using natural drawing tools.

• Connect

Desktop and mobile web conferencing platform for meetings, eLearning, and webinars.

• Illustrator

Create beautiful vector art and illustrations.

• Adobe AIR

Distribute applications across multiple screens and platforms.

• InDesign

Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on the go.

• Adobe Premiere Elements

Organize, edit, create, and share your videos.

Ratings
0 / 5 • No Ratings

Comments (2)

Write a reply...
or Join for free to view all comments and participate in the discussion.

Gail Corbman

Posted on 12/26/14 12:33:31 AM Permalink

In 3rd grade, I've been using Wordle & Tagxedo to create word clouds, map ideas, and brainstorm. They are great for spelling, vocabulary, and story maps. I also use revolver to create short digital "hooks" to introduce a lesson & students use it to show mastery. For example, students can create a short video showing a multiplication or division problem. I also like powtoons to introduce a topic or a lesson as it engages my students. I'm looking forward to using Classflow from Promethean as well as activexpressions to do quick formative assessments. Storyboards are good for writing. I use a variety of apps to help struggling readers and for math remediation and enrichment.

cathy De Alba-Velasquez

Posted on 12/7/14 6:22:14 PM Permalink

Something that I have been introducing to students k-12 is app smashing. App smashing is when you take 2 apps and use them together. An example of this would be using an avatar app such as "Buddy Poke" so that students can explain their work and then use an app such as "Notability" that allows you to scan work and annotate it, and then combining both to make one presentation.